Saturday, April 02, 2011

Ohio Genealogical Society

I have just sat through 2 days of lectures on all aspects of genealogy here in Columbus, OH. I have learned a lot of new techniques and places to search.  I have also been reminded of some old techniques to try.  Now I just want to go home and bury myself in my genealogy.  There are 2 problems with that plan:
1. My real job!
2. Lineage week in DC is coming up and I have 9 reports to write, 1 luncheon meeting to plan, 1 convention activity to prepare for, and flyers to make for a National Conference in June.
And, I almost forgot, I need to synthesize the information I obtained on my little research trip.
So, I'll just look forward to the end of April when I can spend a little of my "free" time on genealogy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how I wish I had been there. We were supposed to attend the First Families Dinner (for me) and the Civil War Families Dinner (for my husband), but finances prevented us from attending. Maybe someday the event will be held in Dayton. I can always hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how we let bills and a real job get in the way of we really should be doing :-)
    Regards,
    Theresa (Tangled Trees)

    ReplyDelete