He was born in 1775 in Maryland or Pennsylvania. His name is also spelled Foreacre. He had a brother William Forester/Foreacre, but I don't know who his parents were.
He married Hannah Adams, probably in Bedford Co., PA. She was born in PA ca 1782. They moved to Muskingum County, OH around 1810.
He served in Capt. William Wilson's Co., Collier's Regiment of the Ohio Militia, Major Dawson's Odd Battalion from 29 August -9 Sept 1812 and again from 5 March - 15 August 1814.
In 1820 he received bounty land of 176 acres, and an additional 80 acres in 1856 - all in Muskingum County.
Hannah died on 19 January 1857 at Muskingum County, OH. John died a few weeks later on 15 February 1857. They are buried at Roseville Cemetery in Muskingum Co., OH.
This is the military tombstone for John Foreacre
This is John and Hannah's tombstone
John and Hannah had 6 children:
1. Elijah Forester, born 3 March 1806 at Bedford Co., PA. He married Ann (Hedges) Decier.
2. Sallie/Sarah Forester, born 7 March 1809. She married William Rosser.
3. John C. Forester, born 31 October 1810 at Muskingum Co., OH. He married Mary Ann Stover and is my 3rd great-grandfather.
4. Ann Forester, born ca 1812 at Muskingum Co, OH. She married Theophilus Eveland.
5. Hannah Forester, born 1816 at Muskingum Co., OH. She married Samuel Jasper.
6. Mary Forester, born 12 March 1818 at Muskingum Co., OH. She married David Phillips.