Monday, May 27, 2013

Motivation Monday - ProGen 20

I have embarked on a new venture.  I have joined a ProGen study group.  We are studying the book Professional Genealogy: A Manual for Researchers, Writers, Editors, Lecturers and Librarians, edited by Elizabeth Shown Mills.  I am in the 20th group of people doing this organized study. 

Each month we read one or two chapters of the book and prepare an assignment to coincide with that chapter.  We are organized into 3 sub-groups of 8 people who meet on-line once a month to critique each other's assignments and discuss the book.

 
This program lasts for about 19 months and the homework has already proven to be fairly time-consuming.  I am looking forward to learning everything I can from this program, and I look forward to getting to know the other study group members while I refine my own skills.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment