Sunday, December 01, 2013

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Day 1: Christmas Tree

Do you remember the silver Christmas trees?  That's what I had when I was younger.  It was  a silvery-tinsel tree with a rotating light that changed colors.  Every year it was set up in a corner of our living room. 

 
  
I couldn't find a picture of my tree, but this is how I remember it. 


I don't remember when we changed to an artificial tree in the family room (sometime after I turned five, since that is when we added the family room).

After I was married, we had a live tree for several years.  Now that I am single again, it is a small artificial tree - but I have never gone back to that silvery-tinsel tree of my youth.

 
I still have one of the ornaments from my childhood.  Every year it occupies a place of honor near the top of my tree.  Although the trees have changed, this ornament remains constant.

No comments:

Post a Comment