Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sentimental Sunday - Missing my Father

Today is Father's Day and of course I am thinking of my dad, Donald Edward Ormsby.  He died nearly 26 years ago - much too soon.  Here are just a few photos of him:

This is a picture of my parents, Donald and Ruth (Steinbrecher) Ormsby.  This was taken for the church directory in early 1988, just a few months before dad died on July 2, 1988.


Here are my parents on their wedding day - February 4, 1950.


This is my dad in his High School Letter Sweater.  He attended Casey High School in Casey, Clark Co., IL from 1933-1936.


This is a picture of my dad as a baby.  It's hard to really see him, but I like this picture because it is the only one I have of my dad and his dad together.  My dad was born on December 30, 1918 and his father, Harold Basil Ormsby died on April 4, 1919.


Even though I miss my dad, I am grateful for the time I was able to spend with him.  He was never able to say that about his own father.

Happy Father's Day, to my dad, and all my grandfathers in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment