Friday, March 18, 2011

Volunteer Genealogist

Recently I had the opportunity to attend the Volunteer Field Genealogist Course put on by the DAR.  Although I've been working on DAR applications for several years, have put together applications for other groups, and worked on the receiving end as Registrar for some groups, it was still a good course.  It was interesting to hear their perspective as to what their genealogists look for when approving an application.  I learned some tips and tricks and look forward to using them.
I went with my friend Chuck.  She's been doing her own genealogy for a while but hasn't done too much with DAR applications except her own.  She's looking forward to helping with applications for our DAR chapter and is anxious for us to put on a workshop for prospective members.

No comments:

Post a Comment