Monday, February 25, 2019

#52 Ancestors - At the courthouse....

I first started researching my family in 1977 - this was long before the internet.  Back then, we had to research in libraries, archives, and courthouses.  I still enjoy researching in courthouses - you never know what gems you'll find there.
Marion County, AR courthouse

A few months ago, I took a research trip to Yellville, Arkansas.  I was traveling with my second cousin who had done a little research but all online.  At the Clerk's office we met "Miss Martha" who let us into the vault.
The records were truly in a vault

My cousin was excited to actually touch the record books. 



And I enjoyed all the miscellaneous records - not to mention the smell of the old documents!




I can't wait until my next trip to a courthouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment